With the current situation of uncertainty surrounding travel and COVID-19, we want to take the time to write to you on behalf of everyone at Hotel Nelson to re-assure our current guests and upcoming travellers that your wellbeing and safety is our top priority, now and always!
We are actively taking further measures alongside our already rigorous cleaning regimens to reduce the potential spread of the virus. Whilst Port Stephens or the wider Hunter Region has had no confirmed cases, we are closely following advice from WHO (World Health Organization) as to how we operate, so that we can provide a safe and secure facility for our staff and guests.
Some of the measures we are undertaking to ensure hygiene are as follows:
• All hotel common areas including hand rails are thoroughly cleaned daily and sprayed with surface sanitizer.
• Everyone, including guests and staff have access to hygiene gel, wipes and are being encouraged to use regularly
• Temperature readers are available at reception for guest use
• All staff are having temperatures recorded at the start of their shift, and obviously will not work if there are high readings (we have had no problems to date!)
• Extra care is being taken with in room cleaning to increase our already high standards of cleanliness. Every surface is sprayed with disinfectant.
Given the circumstances we currently face, we are offering flexibility with booking conditions and cancellations if you make bookings directly through our site, www.hotelnelson.com.au, direct email or phone bookings between now and 30 March 2020. Bookings via other channels such as Booking.com and Expedia are subject to the conditions applied on those sites.